I actually liked how they positioned this new paradigm – they call it c-tailing (or Converged Retailing) for a C2B marketplace. While traditional business models revolved on either B2B or B2C businesses, C2B lays down that starting now, it is the consumers that will reach out to businesses and enable transactions, rather than the other way around.
Some key highlights:
- Digital Discovery through ‘Experiential’ stores – guided by real-time social media reviews, etc.
- Take on Showrooming head-on, by enabling WiFi inside the stores and matching online prices
- Converged retail models including ‘Buy Online, Pick up at Store’
- Personalized web portals for a more relevant online buying experience
- Use Social + Mobile to enable Collaborative Shopping
Will be interesting to see how this space evolves. I’m watching closely!
- An article on RetailCustomerExperience.com
- ‘C-Tailing’ Blends the Best of On- and Offline Shopping
- An executive Breif on the subject by Retail TouchPoints.com