Today seems to be a good day – Media-wise -for me! Friends featured all over – There is an article in MoneyToday about “Innovating to stay ahead”. It features some friends – so I just thought I’d record these links:
- Quetzal – That’s where I work. Always good to have your company featured in the magazines!
- AKVenture – Founded by Kaushik and Arun from IIM A. They’re into Web Businesses and have done sites like Lootstreet.com and BolCityBol.com. They are coming out with another portal soon – Watch this space for more!
- Capillary Technologies – KK, Aneesh and company – Rock on .. Ex-IITKGP, ITC, Microsoft & going strong!
Also, Harsh – who is involved with BJP’s e-Campaign appears twice – for a split second each time – in this CNN Video covering online initiatives taken by political parties. – Which reminds me, I should publish the results of the poll I conducted a few weeks back:
Question: Do you think aggressive online initiatives can help change the perception politicians and political parties in the minds of the youth?
- Yes: 78%
- No: 15%
- I do not have an opinion: 7%
Amen to that! 🙂
When you work towards something, it is always a pretty sight to see the output. When you wanted to change something before coming into an organization, and you actually make it happen after spending some time there – it’s a good feeling – no matter how small the “something” is. I wanted to “re-do” the Quetzal Verify website – and its finally done – Follow the link!
Thanks a lot Rishi for patiently going through multiple rounds of changes, additions, subtractions to give it the present form. Rishi has been great to work with and has quite a command over Joomla – the open source CMS we used to design the website. Thanks a lot KK – going through the Capillary Technologies website gave me the final push to go ahead and Just Do It!
One of the amazing things that came out of this excercise was the fact that the use of colours in a GUI is never random. It has a reason and a purpose. Devashish
had trumendous insight here. He asked me to go through this article
and then look at 30-odd websites to gather data about “where”
the combination of Orange and Blue
were used on different websites. My research revealed that:
- 12 out of the 30 sites had an orange header / orange label headings on the sidebar
- 10 out of the 30 sites had only ONE orange component
- 3 out of the 12 sites had an equal distrbution of orange and blue across header, navigation menus, buttons, etc.
My research included 3 websites of Human Capital Management companies (working in domains similar to Quetzal Verify), and I noticed that on each of these 3 websites that the sites were predominantly Blue with a subtle (rather, minimal) but striking use of Orange – which is the basis for the colour combination we finally went ahead with.
Thanks a ton Vineeta and the entire QVerify Team for letting me do this my way.. Let’s get this on the road!
This fortnight’s Outlook Business (February 8 – February 21, 2009 Issue) caarries a cover story on ‘Young Leaders.’ All of us at Quetzal are quite thrilled to see Vineeta’s picture on the cover and her name along with Quetzal Verify‘s among the top Young Leaders in the ‘entrepreneurs’ category. The write-up itself was about how forums are helping start-ups and entrepreneurs or if it all there is a tangible outcome of such initiatives!
Read the full story here.